The Cookbook Japan
The definitive, home cooking recipe collection from one of the most respected and beloved culinary cultures.
Japan: The Cookbook has more than 400 sumptuous recipes by acclaimed food writer Nancy Singleton Hachisu. The iconic and regional traditions of Japan are organized by course and contain insightful notes alongside the recipes. The dishes – soups, noodles, rices, pickles, one-pots, sweets, and vegetables – are simple and elegant.
- Demystifies one of the world’s oldest and most revered culinary cultures – making it accessible to all
- The global appetite for Japanese food is boundless – sushi and ramen feature in corner stores and restaurants alike, while Japanese ingredients are available in supermarkets around the world
- Offers a wealth of healthy options, from fish-based dishes to vegetable-centric options
- Features a guest chef section, including menus of recipes from renowned Japanese chefs worldwide
- Recipes tested for accuracy in a home kitchen, with explanations of Japanese ingredients and suggestions for substitutions
- Gorgeous photographs depict finished dishes as well as Japan’s unparalleled scenery
- 27cm x 18cm
- 145 colour photographs
About the author:
Nancy Singleton Hachisu lives on a farm in Japan with her family, and is a James Beard Award-nominated author of two cookbooks: Japanese Farm Food and Preserving the Japanese Way. Her work has appeared in Food & Wine, Saveur, The Art of Eating, and Lucky Peach. A native Californian, she has resided in Japan for thirty years, and is widely respected as an authority on Japanese cooking, both in Japan and the United States.
Item in packaging
Length: 28 cm
Width : 19 cm
Height : 4.2 cm
Weight : 1.68 kg